Try this easy to make, spring-inspired vegetable frittata for dinner or lunch with a salad or for a special Sunday breakfast! You will need a oven-safe pan, such as a cast-iron skillet, to make this dish.
- 1 cup of asparagus finely cut (see pic)
- 1 cup of kale finely cut
- 1/2 red onion finely cut
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce, Bragg's amino liquid, or coconut aminos
- Dash of tabasco or hot sauce (optional)
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, leaves only (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Heat broiler
- Heat olive oil in cast-iron skillet and cook onion and garlic until tender over medium heat, about 5 minutes
- Add kale, asparagus, soy sauce, thyme, tabasco, and cook until tender, over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Add very small amount of water and cover with lid if necessary to avoid burning.
- In a bowl whisk eggs with 1/2 tsp of salt and pour into skillet wit vegetables.
- Cook until sides are beginning to set, about 2-3 minutes
- Transfer skillet to oven and broil until just set in the middle and lightly golden and puffed on the top, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with Salsa (optional, but I think it tastes fantastic that way!) Enjoy!