Black forbidden rice is one of my favorite types of rice. It is a whole grain (just like brown rice) that has a wonderfully nutty taste. Plus it looks great! Add some Edamame for a perfect grain-legume combination with excellent flavor and texture.
- 1 cup black forbidden rice
- 2.5 - 3 cups of water or broth
- 1 cup of fresh of frozen edamame
- Cook rice in water or broth for about 40 minutes until chewy. If you don't use broth, add salt to your cooking water.
- Add edamame a couple of minutes before the rice is done, mix them in.
Enjoy as a side dish with veggies, fish or meat.