Cold & Flu Drink
If you got sick despite all the precautions you took, here is a great drink that will boost your immune response and relieve your congestion. Now if you, like everyone, after the ingredient list go " oh, gross!" bear with me! Everybody I have come across has that same reaction. Then I make the drink for them, convince them to try a sip and they go "wow, that's not bad, wow, that's kind of good, I like it"....
So give it a try, you can always ditch if you really don't like it, all you have to lose is an orange and your cold...
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger (about the size of 1 clove of garlic)
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- hot water
- Squeeze orange, pour juice and pulp into glass or cup
- Squeeze garlic, add to cup
- Peel and grate ginger on fine grater (lemon zester), add to cup
- Add one pinch of cayenne pepper
- Fill remainder of the cup with very hot water
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey
- Stir well
Make sure to swallow all the bits and pieces. Stirring as you drink will make that easier.