These gluten-free at & blue corn flour muffins are fantastic and it takes hardly any time to make them. I use the same basic recipe and vary it by using different ingredients. This mix is great both with savory foods, cheese for instance, or for breakfast with jam.
For 6 mini muffins:
- 3/4 cup gluten free oatmeal
- 1/4 cup blue corn flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tea spoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup of soymilk, milk, rice dream, whatever you like
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Small handful of pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Safe a few pine nuts to decorate the top of the muffins.
- Grease muffin tin ( I use a fantastic cast iron tin = non-stick and no toxins!).
- Fill mixture into tin.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts
- Put into preheated oven, bake for about 25 minutes, stick a tooth pick into the muffin, if it comes out clean they are done.
- Cool slightly before removing from tin.