Frittata is one of my favorite quick dishes. You can incorporate pretty much any type of vegetable that is in season and eat this great dish for breakfast or as a main meal accompanied by a salad. You will find a different version of this dish on my blog for which I used kale and asparagus. This time I decided to add some chicken sausage as well.
You will need a oven-safe pan, such as a cast-iron skillet, to make this dish.
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 grated zucchinis
- 1/2 red onion finely cut
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 organic, fully cooked chicken sausages, cut into small rounds
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce, Bragg’s amino liquid, or coconut aminos
- Dash of tabasco or hot sauce (optional)
- Fresh marjoram, thyme and oregano, about 1 sprig each (optional), finely cut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 — 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Heat broiler
- Heat olive oil in cast-iron skillet and cook onion and garlic until tender over medium heat, about 5 minutes
- Add zucchini, carros, soy sauce, thyme, tabasco,and herbs and cook until tender, over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Add sausage.
- In a bowl whisk eggs with 1/2 tsp of salt and pour into skillet wit vegetables and sausage.
- Cook until sides are beginning to set, about 2–3 minutes
- Transfer skillet to oven and broil until just set in the middle and lightly golden and puffed on the top, 2–3 minutes.
- Serve with Salsa (optional, but I think it tastes fantastic that way!) Enjoy!