Many of you, I am sure, have had roasted kabocha squash. This recipe adds a nice twist to the common way of roasting squash simply by adding cinnamon. Try it and enjoy!
- Kabocha Squash (orange or green)
- Olive oil (spray preferred)
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- You can peel the squash or leave as is. You get a slightly tougher and longer cooking time bite if you leave the peel on, but preparation time is cut down. Only leave peel on if the squash is organic, cut off any rough parts. Use a potato peeler to peel.
- Cut and clean out squash after peeling and cut into pieces that are about .5 square inch.
- Distribute evenly on baking dish.
- Spray or brush with olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle with cinnamon, salt and a bit of pepper.
- Roast at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Enjoy with any of your other favorite foods!