Whole Wheat Pasta with Sauteed Chard,Black Beans, and Tomatoes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 Bundle of chard
- 1/2 can of organic tomatoes (when in season use fresh)
- 1/2 can of organic black beans
- Organic whole wheat pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Dash of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Start by boiling water for pasta
- Wash and cut chard, separate stems and leaves.
- Saute stems and garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes and beans, red wine, salt, and red pepper, flakes.
- Add pasta to boiling salt water
- Let heat rise briefly so alcohol can evaporate. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add chard leaves, dash of balsamic vinegar, cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until all ingredients are cooked.
- Drain pasta and serve with tomato-chard-bean mix, add Parmesan if desired.