Makes 6 mini muffins.
- 1 cup of quick cook, gluten free oats (available at Whole Foods or Berkeley Bowl)
- 1/2 cup of milk, soy milk or rice dream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- Small handful of hazelnuts, cut in half
- Small handful of dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extrac
- 1 table spoon of maple syrup
Grease muffin tin ( I use a fantastic cast iron tin = non-stick and no toxins!). Fill mixture into tin. Put into preheated oven at 425 degrees, bake for about 25 minutes, stick a tooth pick into the muffin, if it comes out clean they are done.
Cool slightly before removing from tin. Enjoy!