Turkey Burgers with Sesame Soba Noodles & Steamed Veggies
This is a healthy, quick and very tasty meal that you can easily put together in 20 minutes. It makes for a great meal to be made during the workweek when you don't have much time and energy to cook. I love using soba noodles, they are largely made of buckwheat, a grain that contains chiro-inositol which appears to help with blood sugar regulation. Additionally soba noodles cook in just 3-4 minutes and are really tasty.
- 3 oz turkey per person, all white meat
- 1.5 cups of veggies of your choice: I am using broccoli and carrots in this instance
- Soba noodles
- Toasted sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Bragg's amino liquid or soy sauce
- Salt, pepper, paprika* (*optional)
- Olive oil spray
- Start with putting a pot of water on the stove, boiling it for the soba noodles
- Mix salt, pepper and paprika (a tasty spice for meat, poultry and egg dishes) into the turkey meat and form patties
- Spray grilling or frying pan ( I like using a cast-iron grilling pan) with olive oil, heat up on medium heat, put patties on and cook them, turning them after about 8 minutes, until fully cooked through.
- Cut and put veggies in steamer and cook until done.
- Add salt to boiling soba noodle water and cook noodles for 3-4 minutes, until al dente
- Drizzle cooked and drained sooba noodles with toasted sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds(optional, but very tasty)
- Drizzle steamed veggies with bragg's amino liquid or soy sauce (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!