We were introduced to this great recipe by our friend Frank in Kauai a few years ago. He used ahi on that occasion. We have since made it many times using ahi or halibut. The ginger and tomato make for a wonderful, sweet and complex flavor!
Because this meal takes time to prepare and because it is extra special, I consider it a "Sunday Meal".
- 3 red or sweet onions, chopped
- 3 large Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Ginger, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Olive oil
- Fish of choice, about 4 oz per person
- White wine, 1/4 to 1/2 cup, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onions, garlic & ginger
- Saute in large pan until soft and translucent
- Add tomatoes and wine, saute on low flame with cover for approximately 1 hour
- Add fish, cover fish with tomatoes and onions, cover with lid and cook on low flame until fish is done; until fish is cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with veggies and quinoa or any other of your favorite food!